Monday, May 11, 2015

Weekending - Blustery Days

Hello lovelies!  Can you believe we are practically half way through May!  Sophie turns 5 months this Thursday, and our 1 year wedding anniversary in Maui is only 4 months away!  Time sure flies when you're having fun.

On a not so fun note, I threw my back out on Friday somehow - which has impaired our normal weekend adventures, to being more on the relaxed side as I try to recover.  This is the first time my body doesn't want to cooperate with me since having Sophie - and Its definitely been a challenge these past few days.  Not being able to workout because of back pain is nothing when you struggle to bend down to pick up your daughter.  Here's hoping I'm all healed up soon :)  But on a positive note, these are a few blessings that did happen this weekend.

Extra saucy wings - and this is date night food.  Calories don't count after a 3 hour walk right? 

 Mornings spent maxin relaxin all cool at this new park - a 10 min stroll up the mountain.

 Bottle Poppin some VQA Bubbly for Mothers Day!
 
Random Daytrip to Harrison on a humid windy day. Sophie was all about trying to eat the wind, and had way to much fun as it blew through her hair.
 
On a final note - I'm nominated along with 29 other wonderful Vancouver mommas in Vancouver's top 30 mom bloggers on VancouverMom.ca.  I'm absolutely humbled to be considered, and the fact that blogging has led me to interacting and networking with so many wonderful people throughout the world.  Vancouver Mom is taking votes for the next 3 weeks - so feel free to head on over and visit the list of other awesome mommas and vote for me while you're at it :)

8 comments :

  1. Sorry to hear about your back. That really stinks. Congrats about the blogger nom. You have my vote! Those wings look incredible. Not much of a wing lady here but those I could just stare at all through a meal. Glad you had a great first Mother's Day. Sophia will be turning a year before you know it, where does the time go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, spelled baby's name wrong, Sophie for some reason I want to type Sophia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your nomination, Steph! You absolutely deserve it! Good luck! And hope your back feels better ASAP :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats and I hope your back starts to feel better soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear about your back!! Back injuries are NOT fun. I have my chiropractor on speed dial haha. Congrats on the nomination and I hope you had a very happy Mother's Day!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh no!! hope your back is better! i've never had that happen *knocking on wood like crazy* beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope your back is getting better! Neck and back pain is the WORST! Throws everything else off. That park, on the other hand, is beautiful! Green and alive. Also, congrats on the nomination! It's no surprise to me to hear your blog has been chosen:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope your back is getting better! Neck and back pain is the WORST! Throws everything else off. That park, on the other hand, is beautiful! Green and alive. Also, congrats on the nomination! It's no surprise to me to hear your blog has been chosen:)

    ReplyDelete